Sunday, May 18, 2008

Interesting Technology

I just had a birthday recently and received a GPS for my car. I have never had any contact with one before and am looking forward to using it more. My parents figured that because next year I will be traveling a lot on scouting and recruiting trips that I might need a little help finding where I am going as well as hotels, restaurants etc... It amazes me on how accurate this is and I don’t even have to pay a subscription or anything on it. I’m not going to lie and say that I am the most up to date on technology so this is pretty neat for me. However, I am still old school with a lot of stuff so when I am planning a trip I sit down before hand and look at my route with a regular paper map. I do use Google map to find directions but sometimes I just like looking at the paper map and write anything I want to on the map. This will probably be out dated like next week but it’s what works for me.

1 comment:

kia said...

GPS, so awesome!!! If I lived anywhere in the mainland I would have one. We don't really need one here in Hawaii because there are just two freeways, and if you really get lost on an island, you have some problems.