Sunday, May 18, 2008

Facebook Good or Bad?

After reading Richard Ferdig’s editorial on “Examining Software in Teacher Education” I came to the conclusion that our society has changed tremendously in the last five years. Yea, this sounds like common sense but I don’t think people really look at how fast things are changing. Our society has made more technological breakthroughs in the last fifteen years then in the last one hundred years combined. The biggest thing that has caught on fire these past couple years is the whole Facebook and Myspace thing. Just about everyone has one and if someone doesn’t they are almost made to feel that they are losers and don’t have a life. I know because I have been one of those people who have held out from getting plugged into either of them. I finally had to get signed up for this master’s class I am taking but I have had a numerous amount of people try to get me to sign up for an account in the past and I never have until now. Ferdig suggests that can be both beneficial and non-beneficial but I think just about everything in life can be taken advantage in the wrong way if someone really wants to. I will probably get even more involved in Facebook now that I have one because it does seem to be a good way to stay involved with people once you can no longer see them face to face.

No comments: